Re: Tests failures trying to package LO in Fedora

Hi,

On Mon, Aug 7, 2023 at 10:26 AM <libreoffice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm one of the new Fedora maintainers for LibreOffice.  In preparation
> for including LibreOffice 7.6.x in Fedora 39, we're working on 7.6.0.2.
> We've worked out some updated dependency issues and adopted a few
> patches from git, but are hitting some test failures. For example:
>
> [_RUN_____] testCommentCallback::TestBody
> /builddir/build/BUILD/libreoffice-7.6.0.1/sc/qa/unit/tiledrendering/tiledrendering.cxx:1105:testCommentCallback::TestBody
> equality assertion failed
> - Expected: 1
> - Actual  : 10

I think I found what's the issue here and [1] should fix it and [2]
and [3] are backports to libreoffice-7-6 and libreoffice-7-6-0
branches. Please review libreoffice-7-6, libreoffice-7-6-0 (ASAP).

The issue seems to be the test execution order. To get the wrong
comment ID there must be some previous tests that deal with comments
executed before the test, something which would influence the
mnLastPostItId static variable. There are 2 tests in that test class
- testCommentCallback and testCommentCellCopyPaste that both add
comments and would influence the variable. I checked and indeed the
testCommentCellCopyPaste is run before testCommentCallback - which is
probably strange because testCommentCallback is defined after
testCommentCellCopyPaste. This is confirmed as
testCommentCellCopyPaste resets the static variable to 1 as the
incremented IDs were probably the issue in the past, but
testCommentCallback doesn't do this - so normally testCommentCallback
is executed before testCommentCellCopyPaste, but in this case the
order is different for some reason. As the test should depend on the
order anyway I have just reset the mnLastPostItId also in the
testCommentCallback and this should fix the problem here.

I wonder if the testFormulaRefUpdate could also be influenced by a
change in execution order? Might be good to investigate...

[1] https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/155498
[2] https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/155471
[3] https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/155472

> Thank you.