Re: disable Skia/Vulcan for all GPU vendors

Hi, Miklos. Yeah, to set up Skia/Raster enabled by default would be solution too.
Thanks

Best regards,
Roman Kuznetsov

пн, 10 июл. 2023 г., 13:23 Miklos Vajna <vmiklos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Hi Roman,

On Sat, Jul 08, 2023 at 04:08:48PM +0300, Roman Kuznetsov <antilibreoffice@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We already had many reports where the reason of problem in LibreOffice (in
> many areas) was enabled by default Skia/Vulcan and some Nvidia/Intel/AMD
> cards with different driver versions were incompatible. Every time someone
> from QA should find the problem using many methods and asking many
> questions, then someone from developers should add again and again another
> GPU model+ driver version variant to Skia black list manually.
> Maybe you can discuss Skia/Vulcan disabling for all GPU vendors at the next
> ESC?

Perhaps just keep it simple and put up a gerrit change that makes
Skia/CPU the default where Skia/Vulkan was the default?

Thanks,

Miklos