Re: ESC meeting minutes: 2023-04-27

On Thu, 27 Apr 2023 at 16:55, Miklos Vajna <vmiklos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
* Update Microsoft Visual Studio baseline? (NoelG)
   + open question: what benefits would that bring?
     + also: should we require it?
     + one benefit: only toolset for arm natively is 2022
   + can't remember any reason right now (Stephan)
     + c++ feature wise VS is not the bottleneck
   => suggest to do a proposal, what we gain from such an upgrade, back to Noel till then

There are no doubt various C++ standards support updates in the newer Visual Studio, but really, my primary motivation is a vain hope that updating this will fix the highly vexatious lack of symbolised backtraces on jenkins.