Re: ESC meeting minutes: 2023-03-09

Much of the initial Skia work was done by Lubos, who isn't really active
these days. So I'm afraid we don't have an obvious expert for Skia right
now, it's more like if people run into problems, they fix it, like so
many other areas of the codebase.
Yeah I know it was Luboš but I didn't want to name him in order to avoid people think I consider he's the culprit, to put it clearly, I do not think so. He made a great job but badfully and as I had feared, he had no backup, here too, the culprit is not a person but rather the organization and I got no solution here.

I'm not sure to understand the sentence "if people run into problems, they fix it".

When users runned LO smoothly in older LO versions and encounter Skia pb in a recent LO version, it's a kind of regression for them and I don't think it's their job to fix it.

First thing is I'm not sure non-dev people know about Skia so we can't expect people to think about disabling hardware Skia renderer when having a crash or some graphical glitch.

If we can't properly fix the pb, we can at least blacklist the card for Skia hardware rendering.