Re: New Defects reported by Coverity Scan for LibreOffice

On 01/02/2023 23:24, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
On 01.02.2023 02:31, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
On 01/02/2023 02:37, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
I just borrowed your solution and called it "resolved", though I believe, even without that explicit try catch block, it would just terminate all the same?

Yes.  But without the explicit try catch block it would help compiler
runtimes report the place where the (effectively uncaught, and
presumably "this can't happen"-style unexpected) exception was
actually thrown.  I'm not convinced Coverity Scan is doing us a
service here, overall.

Gotcha.  Thinking about this a bit, maybe it's better not to have that explicit try catch block I just added.  Let me know what you all think.

I assume that this is actually a false positive, i.e., that while delete_element_blocks can throw in general, it is guaranteed that it will never throw in that invocation from within ~multi_type_vector. Otherwise, it wouldn't be sound to introduce the try/catch/terminate here anyway. Isn't there a way to mark that false positive with an appropriate Coverity Scan comment?