Re: New Defects reported by Coverity Scan for LibreOffice

On 01/02/2023 02:37, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
On 28.01.2023 13:45, Caolán McNamara wrote:
FWIW this will disappear from the next libreoffice coverity run because
I typically patch it with try {} catch (...) { std::terminate(); } to
ignore warnings from "externals", but on upgrade I temporarily lost
that. It will however still appear in mdds's own separate coverity
results, which I refreshed yesterday.

I just borrowed your solution and called it "resolved", though I believe, even without that explicit try catch block, it would just terminate all the same?

Yes. But without the explicit try catch block it would help compiler runtimes report the place where the (effectively uncaught, and presumably "this can't happen"-style unexpected) exception was actually thrown. I'm not convinced Coverity Scan is doing us a service here, overall.