Re: Link error

Hi Mike, hi Julian,

I am comforted to know that I am not the only one affected by such problems.

Julien Nabet schrieb am 29.01.2023 um 09:58:
Indeed, the rare case when I build LO on Windows, first time is ok because I start with a "make clean", update Visual Studio, Windows, Cygwin, ... but once it's built if I want to update my local repo to retrieve a new patch it will fail in 99%.

It is not so often here. Most times even only building an effected module is enough.

Sometimes cleaning the module is enough but most of the times I must run a make clean. For me it's very annoying because I build LO for Windows on a laptop far less powerful than my Linux desktop.

I have done a clean build now and that has no problems. But making a clean build lasts more than five hours and always has the risk that the notebook overheats. Therefore, unattended compiling overnight is not a solution. I should really consider to buy a desktop.

Kind regards,
Regina