Re: Link error

Hi Regina,

On 28.01.2023 21:30, Regina Henschel wrote:
Hi all,

I get the following link error.

unocontrol.o : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __cdecl toolkit::OAccessibleControlContex t::release(void)" (?release@OAccessibleControlContext@toolkit@@UEAAXXZ) referenced in function "public: __cdecl rtl::Ref erence<class toolkit::OAccessibleControlContext>::~Reference<class toolkit::OAccessibleControlContext>(void)" (??1?$Refe
rence@VOAccessibleControlContext@toolkit@@@rtl@@QEAA@XZ)
D:\Build_forCommit\core\instdir\program\tklo.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

For quite some time already, I experience that some changes fail to trigger local recompilation of affected files (say, a header changes, and not all CXX files that include it - directly or indirectly - get recompiled). I use VS2019.

Which usually means, that e.g. updated higher-level module tries to link against unupdated lower-level library (and that results in such link errors). Usually cleaning affected entities (like 'make Library_tk.clean') helps.

Sometimes it all builds, but then I start to see mysterious run-time errors, which means a similar failure, where some code uses older memory layout, and another code uses a new memory layout. Then I have no other choice than to 'make clean'. No idea why it all happens.

--
Best regards,
Mike Kaganski