Re: DOCX import: MS Office WordArt to LO Fontwork

Hi Miklos,

Miklos Vajna schrieb am 15.12.2022 um 09:34:
Hi Regina,

(B)
The current import does not generate a Fontwork at all. However, LO will
recreate the WordArt from the GrabBags, if the document is resaved to docx
and nothing on the shape was changed. With my work, a Fontwork is created
which will nicely look as far it is principle possible and will be kept when
converting to ODF, but resave to docx looses the styling of the Fontwork.

How to progress? Use this approach nevertheless and start working on export
of Fontwork to WordArt after that (which would include export from ODF), or
extend my work to cover export too?

I think it makes sense to progress in steps. Let's get the DOCX import
in, then you can look at the DOCX export. And next time perhaps do it in
the other order to avoid temporary problems. :-)

I have added in the import now, that the rescued properties from the text in the frame are applied to the string in the Fontwork. Now a not changed fill and line style will be preserved on resave to docx. The result is not exactly the same as in LO7.5, because any fill and stroke of the Word-rectangle are still lost. On the other hand, now the handle positions are correct, whereas LO7.5 has only default handles. I think, that now the result is satisfactory, at least for the time till we have a proper general export.

Kind regards,
Regina