DOCX import: MS Office WordArt to LO Fontwork

Hi all,

you might have noticed, that I'm working on import of WordArt in DOCX.
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/143615

The work has now progressed to the point where it is possible to discuss the principle. Import of dashes is missing and unit tests are missing. But that is no principle problem, it needs only some time.

But there are some problems:

(A)

The principle in my patch is to use the information in the CharInteropGrabBag to create LineProperties and FillProperties. The problem in Writer is that only after the text has been read and the shape, including the frame bundled with it, has been created, is it known whether it is a WordArt shape.

Do you have any concerns about my approach? Do you have suggestions for a better approach?

(B)
The current import does not generate a Fontwork at all. However, LO will recreate the WordArt from the GrabBags, if the document is resaved to docx and nothing on the shape was changed. With my work, a Fontwork is created which will nicely look as far it is principle possible and will be kept when converting to ODF, but resave to docx looses the styling of the Fontwork.

How to progress? Use this approach nevertheless and start working on export of Fontwork to WordArt after that (which would include export from ODF), or extend my work to cover export too?

(C)
Do you know of any areas that I should test particularly carefully?

(D)
I have introduced a new file fontworkhelpers, which includes that part, that is uses in import from pptx as well. Currently my solution has a lot of lcl_foo methods, which could be move to that new file too. Should I do that although they are only used in WpsContext.cxx?

Besides that, please let me know all places where you think something could be solved in a better way.

Kind regards
Regina