Re: Installation from LibreOffice on MAC (arm64) with VENTURA.....

Hi *,

On Fri, Dec 2, 2022 at 9:51 AM Alexander Thurgood
<alex.thurgood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just tested the macOS x86_64 dev daily version from
>
> https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/master/MacOSX-x86_64@tb92-TDF/current/
>
> and
>
> https://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/master/MacOSX-aarch64@tb92-TDF/current/

FYI: Since the current link is a moving target, please always include
the date of the download when reporting issues.

> The x86_64 version will install and run, via the Shift-Open mechanism
> (had to do it twice), on macOS 13.0.1 Ventura.
>
> So, the problem seems to be specific to the aarch64 build.

Still a red herring I guess. I'm not sure why, but apparently apple's
gatekeeper is now overly "aggressive" and seems to block the app based
on security policy, not because it is actually damaged.

My theory is that you had a signed version of LibreOffice for aarch64
on your system already, so gatekeeper assumes that everything
identifying as LibreOfficeDev.app with the org.libreoffice.script
bundle-ID must be signed, and since the dev-build is not signed, it
must be tampered with ("damaged") and won't allow running it. Maybe
the reputation of the URL the build is downloaded from is "too
suspicious"/too new (cannot quite explain why the x86_64 build could
be forced to run, but not the aarch64 one, but since you write you had
to do it twice, it seems to be a bug in overriding the exception for
aarch64).

aaaanyhow, long story short: You should be able to tell gatekeeper
that it should stay out of the way by removing the quarantine
attribute that it slaps on there:
In terminal try runing "xattr -d com.apple.quarantine
/path/to/LibreOfficeDev.app" and It should no longer complain about it
being damaged and run just fine. (you can check for what extended
attributes are defined by using -l insead of -d in the command)

ciao
Christian