Re: Test failure in embeddedobj on some Windows systems

On 19/11/2022 15:37, Ilmari Lauhakangas wrote:
I asked Hossein how the new dev could continue debugging the issue and he looked into it a bit:

"as I understand from the code, the checks does not happen when the DPI is not 96, in which I think most of the today's displays are not.

embeddedobj/qa/cppunit/msole.cxx:98

CPPUNIT_TEST_FIXTURE(Test, testSaveOnThread)
{
     // Given an embedded object which hosts mspaint data:
     if (Application::GetDefaultDevice()->GetDPIX() != 96)
     {
         return;
     }
.
.
.
}

I changed the code to bypass this condition, and then I saw the test failing as I expected, as it is tailored to 96 dpi only. On my machine, it failed with 0.0555in instead of 0.1665in.

I also wasn't faced with RPC_E_WRONG_THREAD value of `hr`, but it was shown as `S_OK`, passing SUCCEEDED().

If anybody has an (explicitly, or implicitly via --enable-debug or --enable-dbgutil) --enable-sal-log Windows build for which CppunitTest_embeddedobj_msole succeeds and fully executes that above testSaveOnThread because it is run with 96 DPI (so that that above "96 DPI" check succeeds): I would be interested in the resulting workdir/CppunitTest/embeddedobj_msole.test.log