Re: Test failure on some Windows systems with 125% display scaling, Chart2ImportTest::testAutomaticSizeBarChartVeryLongLabel

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 20, 2022 at 03:06:16PM +0100, Regina Henschel <rb.henschel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In this case a tolerance is no solution. The text box which is generated by
> the automatic indeed differs between 96 dpi and 120 dpi, see attached
> screenshots. One has six, the other has seven words in the line.
>
> We can fix the test itself or restrict it to 96dpi. Or fix the automatic
> that layouts labels.
>
> There exist more of such tests, but I have not made up a list of such test.
> Perhaps something to discuss in ESC, how to treat such dpi depending tests.

My understanding is that file formats deal with logic units most of the
time; so if our output is DPI-dependent, that's a bug to be fixed.

If for some reason there is no time to track down the root of the
problem, adding tolerance or "if (!IsDefaultDPI()) return;" snippets can
work around the problem.

Regards,

Miklos