Re: Test failure on some Windows systems with 125% display scaling, Chart2ImportTest::testAutomaticSizeBarChartVeryLongLabel

Hi Ilmari,

Ilmari Lauhakangas schrieb am 19.11.2022 um 15:41:
A new dev is seeing this test failure on Windows with 125% scaling, the test passes if scaling is set to 100%:

C:/cygwin/home/Client/lode/dev/core/chart2/qa/extras/chart2import.cxx(2273) : error : Assertion
Test name: Chart2ImportTest::testAutomaticSizeBarChartVeryLongLabel
double equality assertion failed
- Expected: 5320
- Actual  : 4765
- Delta   : 100

Yes that is a common problem for me. I usually work with 125%, but need to switch to 100% only to test, whether I have produced the problem with my patch or not.

Mike added tolerance to this test in 09e499e64ec4acb24c9524c8aacabc6182124442 but in this case the difference seems surprisingly large.

Critical are tests using BoundRect. A tolerance helps sometimes, I guess in cases where it matters how large the last included pixel is.

In this case a tolerance is no solution. The text box which is generated by the automatic indeed differs between 96 dpi and 120 dpi, see attached screenshots. One has six, the other has seven words in the line.

We can fix the test itself or restrict it to 96dpi. Or fix the automatic that layouts labels.

There exist more of such tests, but I have not made up a list of such test. Perhaps something to discuss in ESC, how to treat such dpi depending tests.

Kind regards,
Regina