Re: adding an item to rmb context menu in writer

On 12.9.2022 22.41, dep wrote:
said Mike Kaganski:

| On 12.09.2022 21:58, dep wrote:
| > greetings.
| >
| > for the longest time, i was able to work efficiently by selecting link
| > text, clicking the right mouse button, and selecting "insert link,"
| > whereupon the little link insertion box popped up, i could add the
| > url, etc., and hit apply, and all would be well.
|
| This is incorrect. There was *never* such an item in context menu in any
| module (Writer/Calc/Draw/Impress); to be sure, I just checked with major
| releases from 2011 till current ones. I also checked OOo 3.2 and AOO 4.1
| to be sure. I suppose you are mistaken, thinking about some other
| software that had that.

Absolutely not so. It was there. I complained about it when it disappeared,
which was sometime after 2011.

I tend to think Mike is right. I tested with 7.0 and 6.3 that seem to match "a few versions ago" and there was no such entry.

| Tools->Customize has a "Context Menus" tab, where you may add the
| respective command to a context menu.

I have tried this. I have failed to make the "Insert hyperlink" command
appear in the RMB menu.

I have also tried this now.

1. In the customize dialog, pick Text from the Target dropdown.
2. In the Search field, type hyper
3. In the Available Commands, select Insert Hyperlink
4. In the Assigned Commands, select Paste Special and click the big right arrow button in the middle

Adjust actual position based on what you like.

For future support questions, https://ask.libreoffice.org/ is the best place.

Ilmari