Re: adding an item to rmb context menu in writer

On 12.09.2022 21:58, dep wrote:
greetings.

for the longest time, i was able to work efficiently by selecting link
text, clicking the right mouse button, and selecting "insert link,"
whereupon the little link insertion box popped up, i could add the url,
etc., and hit apply, and all would be well.

This is incorrect. There was *never* such an item in context menu in any module (Writer/Calc/Draw/Impress); to be sure, I just checked with major releases from 2011 till current ones. I also checked OOo 3.2 and AOO 4.1 to be sure. I suppose you are mistaken, thinking about some other software that had that.

OTOH, for some time already we have Ctrl+K shortcut assigned to the Insert->Hyperlink by default.

a few versions ago this disappeared. i tore my hair -- i hardly have any
left now.

I suppose that the above clarifies that loosing hair because of that was a mistake.

i've searched and searched for a way to add it back to the rmb menu in
writer. i've found none. this surprises me because it was extremely useful
and i can't imagine i'm the only one who misses it.

Tools->Customize has a "Context Menus" tab, where you may add the respective command to a context menu.

so, my plea: is there a way to add the idem back to the rmb menu? and if
not, is there a place i can beg for it to be restored?

Generally, one who wants to ask some question, or to suggest some improvement, is welcome to open the project home page (https://www.libreoffice.org/), click on GET HELP menu, and see the various options listed there - basically, you may get some community support (users helping other users answering the "how do I" kind of questions) at https://ask.libreoffice.org/; and file a bug report / enhancement request on https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/.

This mailing list is development-related, i.e. for "in which file function Foo is implemented" kind of questions.

thanks in advance.
--
dep

Pictures: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/depscribe/album