Re: Problem with reading 'writing-mode' ODF attribute in Impress

Hi Miklos,

Miklos Vajna schrieb am 29.08.2022 um 09:28:

Problem is, that style:writing-mode="tb-lr" (OOXML vert="eaVert") and
style:writing-mode="tb-lr" (OOXML vert="mongolianVert") are correctly loaded
into 'WritingMode' API-attribute, but loext:writing-mode="bt-lr" (OOXML
vert="vert270") and my new loext:writing-mode="tb-rl90" (OOXML vert="vert")
are not loaded. And I have no clue where they are lost.

You could try to see which C++ class implements the setPropertyValue()
member function handling your WritingMode. Perhaps as a start, log the
value of rPropertyValue in SvxShape::setPropertyValue(). If you see
WritingMode there, then you can step in the debugger to see where is
that handled.

That was a good tip. I found my error, that the property was not actually set at the object and therefore the default 0 was used. But after fixing that, I still got a 0 on opening.

I then used test files, where I removed 'writing-mode' attributes. I have found, that the 0 comes from the 'style:writing-mode' in the paragraph properties inside the graphic style. From point of standard it is correct that it takes precedence over the 'writing-mode' in the graphic properties inside the graphic style.

I will try now to change ContextFilter() method to get a suitable markup on saving. I need to be careful to not conflict with frames. But I am hopeful to find a solution.

Kind regards,
Regina