Making a light 'soft' in a 3D scene

Hi Armin, hi all,

a light can be 'harsh' or 'not harsh' (that means 'soft') in an extruded custom shape. This is independent from the material property 'specular'. A 'soft' light is rendered in MS Office, as if the light has a wider emitting area in real world.

The UI of our 3D-Scenes does not have something in this kind. Is there in the internal handling of 3D-Scenes something, that can easily be extended to produce such light effect?

Currently I experiment with using additional lights in the 3D-scene that is used to render an extruded custom shape. But that emulates the effect not really good and means a large effort.

Kind regards,
Regina