Re: CppCheck Report on vm140 Not Running

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 9:14 AM Miklos Vajna <vmiklos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm more interested in running such tools locally

< - snip ->

The other problem with cppcheck is that it doesn't build on an existing
c++ parser from a compiler (not based on e.g. gcc or clang), so its
signal/noise ratio is lower than e.g. coverity or clang-tidy.

Miklos, thank you for taking the time to explain things. I already concluded that there was little interest in the job, but now I also know why that is. (Also, although Luke had contacted me before his post to the mailing list, I didn't know up front that Luke was going to do so and in what manner. I may or may not agree with what he has stated.)

On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 2:51 PM Luke Benes <lukebenes@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The other problem with cppcheck is that it doesn't build on an existing
> c++ parser from a compiler

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/3300446/cppcheck-clang-import

They are working on a clang AST importer. Experimental support has already landed.

Which just got removed again:

https://github.com/danmar/cppcheck/commit/207361b174102f38909aec9a996b944ecb370464

- Maarten