Re: Reasonable boost baseline?

On 21/03/2020 12:28, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
I would like to start a discussion about the actual Boost baselines we need to support on libreoffice-6-3, -6-4, and master.  Lacking any communicated reason why a branch should support a specific lower baseline, I would suggest we stick to the version of our bundled external/boost on a branch as the baseline for that branch (and update the configure.ac AX_BOOST_BASE check accordingly).

Thanks for the responses. So contemporary SUSE-based distros appear to require 1.66, which is also the case for RHEL-8--based ones, while contemporary Debian-based distros appear to require 1.67.

I'm thus going to submit <https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/c/core/+/90985> "Set Boost baseline to 1.66, and enforce it" to master once it builds green. (I don't intend to backport it to libreoffice-6-3 or -6-4 myself, but if anybody sees a need for that, wouldn't mind either.)