Re: LibreOffice Encryption/Decryption Implementation

Hello Thorsten,

thanks for your fast reply :)

There's an updated ODF version currently under review; please check whether:

https://docs.oasis-open.org/office/OpenDocument/v1.3/csprd02/part2-packages/OpenDocument-v1.3-csprd02-part2-packages.html#__RefHeading__752811_826425813
answers a few of your questions.

I forgot to say that I only consider ODF version 1.2^^ However, I knew this webpage. As I understand it, here are defined the algorithms that need to be supported at least (or rather according to the specification). What I'm looking for is a documentation or specification of how ODF is implemented in application software (in this case LibreOffice) in terms of encryption and decryption. Analyzing the programming code is complicated and would take quite a bit of time^^

I also found this:

https://ringlord.com/dl/Decrypting%20ODF%20Files.pdf

This is a good explanation, but unfortunately no officially confirmed source (I need that for my master thesis).

A further place for information are
our ODF implementer notes, that you can find here:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/ODF_Implementer_Notes

If that leaves any questions unanswered, there's always the code (or
come back here & ask). ;)

Ok thanks, I will keep this in my mind ;)

Cheers,

-- Thorsten

Greetings

Steve