Re: Fwd: [ABANDONED] Remove some excessive log formatting

On 21/11/2019 11:25, Chris Sherlock wrote:
Just a quick query to the ML - when I’m attempting to troubleshoot issues with EMF files, I use SAL_INFO to see what records it is reading. It’s already helped me work out some issues, in particular the last one was around custom line caps.

How else should we be doing this?

I guess there's no ideal answer. Obvious options, each with their own pros and cons, include:

* Throwaway code you add locally while debuging a specific issue and then throw away again.

* #if'ed out code you enable when debuging an issue in the given area.

* SAL_INFO, as used in the mentioned case.