Re: TextPreRotateAngle vs. TextRotateAngle

Hi all, hi Miklos,

Regina Henschel schrieb am 27-Sep-19 um 16:45:
Hi all,

commit https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=5c4d1b05faa8a3d704fc74a186a173f8cc019cc1

has introduced the TextPreRotateAngle. As far as I understand it, it has been introduced to express the rotation, which is applied to the TextFrames inside a custom shape and which is independent of the rotation applied to the shape itself. But that is exactly the purpose of TextRotateAngle. So why a second attribute?

Further investigation shows a deep hidden error with TextPreRotateAngle (bug 127437 and bug 127439). One of the results is, that the OOXML attributes vert="vert" and vert="vert270" seem to be correctly handled, if you roundtrip inside OOXML format, but they will always fail from OOXML to ODF and will fail, when combined with text box rotation from attribute "rot". More details are in the document AnalyseError.odt which is attached to bug 127437.

I think, that it is not possible to correct the error without implementing a proper changing of text box size and position of OOXML shapes in the import part.

Kind regards
Regina