Re: Reveal code, old macros convert them to LO

On 04/07/2019 11:08, Uwe Brauer wrote:

 From time to time the question pops up whether LO could support
Wordperfects reveal code. Sometimes it is stated that this feature could
be implemented by a macro/extension.

Bear in mind that "reveal codes" is an EDITING window. That was what was wrong with MS's pale imitation. So if your macros merely display the formatting of a paragraph, that is NOT NOT NOT "reveal codes", and any WordPerfect lover will simply ignore it.

And yes, I would dearly love to have reveal codes back - so much so that I am seriously considering shelling out for an up-to-date copy of WordPerfect, but sadly I suspect Corel have butchered it. WP8 was ported to linux, but that requires libc5, and I'm not aware of any newer linux compatible version (WP9, aka WP2000, was implemented on top of Wine, but I've never managed to get Wine to run WordPerfect 8 or earlier, which are the "real" versions. WP9 was the Corel Windows re-write - yeuch!!!)

Iirc Michael Meeks said that properly implementing reveal codes will be quite tricky as it will need a major clean-up of the in-memory document format to enable editing to work.

Cheers,
Wol