Re: Regarding Participation in GSOC 2019

Hello,

Please check this page [1] for information about debugging. You can use 'make <module>.clean && make <module> debug=t' if you're only working with a module of LibreOffice, otherwise, you should use --enable-debug. The time it takes to build will depend on your computer. For the first build, I would recommend you to run it overnight, using 'time build' to see how long it takes. You can find more information on how to speed up the build here [2]

Once the build is done we suggest you:

* Start with solving some 'beginner' easyHacks [3]
* Solve at least one 'interesting' easyHack
* Start discussing your ideas with possible mentors, and preparing your proposal
* Don't leave your proposal to the last day. Sooner is better.

Also checking the GSoC ideas page first, and trying to choose the easyHacks related to your probable idea(s) might be a good idea [4], and perhaps also the page for ideas without a mentor yet [5].

If you ever get stuck (after doing the usual leg-work (re(search), try, debug etc.) yourself), please don't hesitate to ask your questions either on the #libreoffice-dev IRC channel, or on this mailing list.

[1] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/How_to_debug#Debugging_options

[2] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingOnLinux#Performance

[3] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/EasyHacks/by_Required_Skill
[4] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/GSoC/Ideas
[5] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/GSoC/Ideas_without_a_mentor

El 26/2/19 a les 13:26, Gagandeep Singh ha escrit:
Hi,

I am Gagandeep Singh and I am a junior undergraduate at Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur. I am looking forward to contributing to libreoffice this summer throught GSOC 2019 and would love to hear back from you guys.

I have started building libreoffice, though just one question, should i use --enable-debug for just doing Easy Hacks, or use it and if yes, then, how long would it take to build.

After building it would look at the ideas page and ask the related mentors for the tasks. Will this be alright?

Thanks in advance
Gagandeep Singh

Xisco Faulí
Libreoffice QA Team