Re: Upstreaming LO Firebird patches

On 11.02.19 12:26, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
Your name/email appears as "Author" in a git commit that changes one
of the "patch" files in external/firebird.

Do you agree that these patches be contributed upstream? Thank you in
advance for your confirmation. Please keep
Julien Nabet <serval2412@xxxxxxxx>
CCed in your answers.

i'm not sure what the point is since AFAIK Firebird is licensed under a weak-copyleft license (some MPLv1 clone), but anyway:

i'm hereby clarifying that my CIB patches to Firebird are licensed under whatever license the upstream Firebird project uses and may thus be contributed upstream.

with regard to my Red Hat patches, my understanding is they were covered by Red Hat's usual policy of using the same license as the upstream project in question, so they may also be contributed upstream.

--
Michael Stahl
Senior Software-Entwickler LibreOffice
–––
CIB software GmbH
Geschäftsstelle Hamburg
Flachsland 10
22083 Hamburg
–––
T +49 (40) / 28 48 42 -296
F +49 (40) / 28 48 42 -100
Michael.Stahl@xxxxxx
www.cib.de
–––
Sitz: München
Registergericht München, HRB 123286
Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Ing. Ulrich Brandner