Re: Trying to put LO Firebird patches upstream, license issue?

On 04/02/2019 20:48, Kaganski Mike wrote:
Hi,

On 04.02.2019 22:36, julien2412 wrote:
Is it ok to submit a patch or is there license/agreement issue to take into
account?
Well - since our patches are modifications to Firebird, which requires
all modifications to have IDPL licensing, then all our modifications
cannot be under a different license? (And I seem to remember something
in these lines from some recent discussion here.)

Thank you Mike for your quick feedback.

Could there be any compatibility between these licenses ? (perhaps only 1 way : submit an LO patch on Firebird or submit a Firebird patch on LO)

For example, I think LO can retrieve patches from ApacheOpenOffice but the reverse isn't possible (except if all the authors from the patch are ok). In the worst case and it would mean, considering https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=45f42681f4d1260c42140a313560534e605f81a4, I should ask to Tamas and Lionel (let's put them in cc) if they accept to submit the configure part of this patch upstream?

Julien