Problem in running make file on Ubuntu 16.04

Hii Team,
I have been trying to setup libreoffice dev-environment lately. After executing ./autogen.sh file, I hit make command. The execution takes ample amount of time. It hangs my laptop, and I end up switching it off. I have tried multiple no. of times. But couldn't run it successfully, what can I do? Please help!
I have Dell Vostro 3568 model.
Thanking you in anticipation!

Regards,
Komal