Re: Which make binary to use for Windows?

Hi Michael, Thorsten,

Thanks for answering. I tested LODE and it built without problem. So I've submitted a patch to fix the warning:
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/65882/

Michael Stahl <mst@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 於 2019年1月7日 週一 下午8:14寫道:
On 03.01.19 15:07, Mark Hung wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After libcdr and libqxp upgraded, I could no longer build them in my
> environment. Make dependencies failed at 'mkdir -p'. Though solution
> proposed https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/65769/ worked me, I wondered
> why Jenkins didn't complain.
>
> I compared three versions of make -
>
> Cygwin released GNU make 4.2 :  ok
> Prebuild binary:
> https://dev-www.libreoffice.org/bin/cygwin/make-85047eb-msvc.exe: failed.

that's interesting, i wasn't aware of that.
> GNU make 4.2 built by my self following autogen.sh instructions: ok

this is the latest one:

https://dev-www.libreoffice.org/bin/cygwin/make-4.2.1-msvc.exe

it's built with MSVC, for Win32.

> Which version is expected? Is the warning message popped out when
> running autogen.sh with Cygwin released GNU make "Your make version is
> known to be horribly slow" still legitimate?

yes Cygwin make is horribly slow, so use a Win32 build, see
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2014-June/061727.html
Thanks.

--
Mark Hung