Re: Which make binary to use for Windows?

On 03.01.19 15:07, Mark Hung wrote:
Hi,

After libcdr and libqxp upgraded, I could no longer build them in my environment. Make dependencies failed at 'mkdir -p'. Though solution proposed https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/65769/ worked me, I wondered why Jenkins didn't complain.

I compared three versions of make -

Cygwin released GNU make 4.2 :  ok
Prebuild binary: https://dev-www.libreoffice.org/bin/cygwin/make-85047eb-msvc.exe: failed.

that's interesting, i wasn't aware of that.

GNU make 4.2 built by my self following autogen.sh instructions: ok

this is the latest one:

https://dev-www.libreoffice.org/bin/cygwin/make-4.2.1-msvc.exe

it's built with MSVC, for Win32.

Which version is expected? Is the warning message popped out when running autogen.sh with Cygwin released GNU make "Your make version is known to be horribly slow" still legitimate?

yes Cygwin make is horribly slow, so use a Win32 build, see
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/libreoffice/2014-June/061727.html