Re: skipping not 'usefull' ip addresses of a dns lookup

Hi,
On Fri, Aug 25, 2023 at 09:27:22PM -0500, Grant Taylor wrote:
> On 8/25/23 2:24 AM, Marc wrote:
> [...]

Just an aside not pertaining to the original question...

> [...]
> Any time that you question a network related change impacting
> services, my go to solution is a network sniffer, tcpdump on CLI or
> Wireshark in GUI.  (Sometimes both, capture on remote CLI and
> analyze locally in GUI.)

I second that.  Looking at the network traffic often helps to get an idea
what is actually happening.

There is a CLI "version" of Wireshark called "TShark" (tshark).  It is
from the wireshark developers.  It provides more detailed information
than tcpdump, i.e., the Wireshark protocol dissection.  (I usually start
with tcpdump for a first impression.  TShark provides an alternative to
copying a capture file to a system with a GUI.)

Cheers,
Erik