Re: traffic shaping with tc on Linux 5.4.x

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 16, 2021 at 02:34:20PM +0200, Lars Noodén wrote:
> [...]
> My question is, given the rules below, and if they are otherwise
> correct, how would I further subdivide the SSH queue so that interactive
> sessions are prioritized over bulk transfers?

You could look into the "dscp" module for iptables, and match on both
TCP port and DSCP markings.  OpenSSH uses different IPQoS configuration
settings for interactive sessions and bulk transfers.

You can check your settings with "ssh -G":

    $ ssh -G ssh.example.com | grep -i ipqos
    ipqos lowdelay throughput

Those old settings are pre-DSCP TOS byte values, newer OpenSSH defaults to
"IPQoS af21 cs1".  You could configure SSH to use DSCP values you like
and then match on those.

HTH,
Erik