Re: Unable to create htb tc classes more than 64K

On 8/27/19 10:53 PM, Dave Taht wrote:

> Although this is very cool, I think in this case the OP is being
> a router, not server?

This mechanism is generic. EDT has not been designed for servers only.

One HTB class (with one associated qdisc per leaf) per rate limiter
does not scale, and consumes a _lot_ more memory.

We have abandoned HTB at Google for these reasons.

Nice thing with EDT is that you can stack arbitrary number of rate limiters,
and still keep a single queue (in FQ or another layer downstream)