Re: Using netem on one interface expands to all interfaces

On 02/13/2019 03:35 PM, Paul Hoffman wrote:
Thanks for your quick response!

You're welcome.

Sorry, I didn't think they were needed. However...

It's okay.

Unfortunately, that's exactly the right track. After some digging, it seems like the "weak host model" used by Linux/Debian is the fault here. I hope I can find a way to make the model strong with some sysctl settings, but I'm not hopeful.

I'm fairly certain that there are /proc / sysctl settings that you can tune to alter this.

Check the /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/*/arp_* files.

Every time I've looked at the kernel documentation for them, it has clearly explained what the value should be.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die