Re: Using netem on one interface expands to all interfaces

On 02/13/2019 11:16 AM, Paul Hoffman wrote:
However, now pinging addresses on *any* interface on the box gets a 1200ms delay. That is, pinging addresses on enp0s18 gets the same delay as was given to enp0s8, but even weirder, pinging addresses on enp0s9 get the 1200ms delay as well.

Is this expected? Is it preventable? All clues are appreciated.

I don't know if it's expected or not.

Are you sure that you're pinging the interface that you expect to be pinging?

Check the MAC address in the ARP / ND cache to see which physical interface packets are actually addressed to.

You don't show any IPs, so I don't know if you're putting multiple interfaces in the same subnet or using different subnets per interface.

You may need to fiddle with some /proc / sysctl settings to make sure Linux is actually using the interface that you expect.

Research "strong host model" for more details on what I think may be happening.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die