Re: gretap tunnel redirecting 2 different networks on destination host to nics

On 04/06/2018 09:26 PM, Marc Roos wrote:
No cannot ping .x but 172.16.1.1 it can. 172.16.1.y has correct arp entry of 172.16.1.x and vice versa

Hum.

(but I only have there a windows vm to test with, so I hope it is not some quirk of windows)

Windows is likely not your problem.  At least not this problem.

With pings from .x to .y tcpdump shows icmp requests on tun1, br0, eth2.

That's good.

With pings from .y to .x tcpdump does not even show icmp requests on eth2.

That's not good.

I'm really starting to wonder if IPTables is filtering bridged traffic. (I can't remember the exact name of the kernel option that allows IPTables to see bridged traffic.)

Sorry for the delayed response. I was traveling for about 10 days and then a really hectic week at $work to catch up.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die