AW: Improved performance on up/download even though only sip was prioritized - please explain

Hi Martin,

thank you for your time and help. You are right, i queued all traffic excect traffic from 192.168.0.101 to class 1:30 but with no special threatment for specific packages.

So because i limited the link throughput, the upstream device was able to better deal with the packages it has to process and that improved the upload/download throughput.

It seems to be better in terms of performance to limit the link on my "site" and avoid congestion at the upstream device. Even though both devices have a queue i still do not see, why it's better to not let the modem do the "job".

Stefan