Re: tc packet drop in high priority queue

Well, we are trying to take a hard look at the shaping part of the
problem (the largest user of the softirq interrupt in this case) -
with "cake".

http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/codel/wiki/Cake

0) HFSC often seems like black magic to me.

1) Although I have patches for cake for linux 4.0 and later, we have
not pushed them yet.

2) cake's integral shaper is somewhat aimed at improving shaping
performance on very low power home routers, but it is my hope that the
codebase would outperform htb+fq_codel or hfsc+fq at very high rates
also. (and also be much easier to profile to improve) I would be
pleased with benchmark results in your high speed environment. Cake is
still very much in "what are the issues? how can we design something
better than what we have?" mode, so please play with it and get back
to us.