Re: tc packet drop in high priority queue

Robert LeBlanc wrote:

Any ideas on this?

40 gig nics are way beyond anything I've ever done with tc and I guess
involve some offload = huge "packets".

It could be that aas sfq has a default qlen of 128 and as you are not
actually rate limiting (and to do that may be "interesting" at 80 gig)
the prio relies on some downstream buffer being full. Perhaps it's just
that at these rates prio can not dequeue anything for periods of time so
the 128 limit of sfq is overrun even for the highest prio.

This is pure guesswork.