Re: Are there any alternatives to IFB for downlink shaping?

Mandi! Nick Pelling
  In chel di` si favelave...

> I now have tc doing this beautifully on the uplink traffic (I use 'action skbedit mark 1', why is this trick mentioned hardly anywhere?): but, like almost every other first time poster here :-) , I'm having no luck at all getting this working for downlink traffic.

?! Looking on google form 'skbedit' lead me to multiqueue management:

	https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/networking/multiqueue.txt

and seems not related... can you explain better?

> Specifically, I've put in a lot of work trying to get IFB working, but it seems to be stitched too early in the packet processing chain to be any use for shaping a WAN interface's downlink traffic. Basically, my downlink bandwidth stats stay resolutely at zero bytes / zero  packets, whatever I try. :-(

I've asked something similar some weeks ago, here.

I've also done some tests, and seems to me that, missing iptables
hooks, you have also no NAT, so if you have to match dest IP you cannot
in IFB, because dest ip is everytime the public ip. ;(

  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                    http://www.sv.lnf.it/

    http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/25/index.php/component/k2/item/123