Sent: Monday, January 19, 2015 at 7:28 PM
From: "Alan Goodman" <notifications@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Stephan Alz" <stephan008@xxxxxxx>, lartc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: High uptime linux router works for linux clients, windows clients act strange
Hi Steven

It would be useful for you to explain why you feel that the first router
was causing issues.

To me this sounds like a MTU related issue at the moment. Theoretically
BGP route 1 allowed larger packets than BGP route 2. Linux boxes
manages to do PMTU discovery but something prevented the Windows boxes
from doing this and therefore their packets were dropped. Or something
like this...

Alan

On 19/01/15 16:51, Stephan Alz wrote:
<snip>
> So about 2 months ago windows machines (WinXP-Win8) started acting strange, connections got interrupted, webpages didn't load for users. After weeks of investigation into this and going through all the components on our network I finally determined that this machine is the problem so as a workaround I installed another linux box and all the windowses using that as a default gateway right now. It is a workaround what I wouldn't like to leave in place forever.
<snip>