Re: what is the use of priority in classes in htb when there is priority in filters too

Its not mentioned exactly what I was looking for as I have seen that
document before also. My doubt was why in both filter as well as class
too? I understand that in filter we require priority to minimize delay
and in class to prioritize excess traffic (delay is a factor here too
but not the primary one).

Am I correct?
How severe is impact on delay by priority in class?

Thanks for all the help.