Why are my cburst settings ignored?

Hi there,

I'm new to this list and new to traffic control as well. I want to do some traffic
shaping on my home network and over the past few days I've studied the subject
quite a lot. Today I decided to some first experiments on my network using the
HTB queueing discpline which seems to suit my purposes best. Well the first
results were disappointing... most likely due to my lack of knowledge. I tried
to improve the result by tinkering with the burst and cburst parameters of HTB
only to find that my cburst settings don't have any effect at all.

parzival traffic # tc qdisc del dev eth0 root 2>/dev/null
parzival traffic # tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1: htb default 110
parzival traffic # tc class add dev eth0 parent 1: classid 1:1 htb rate 100kbit
burst 1650b cburst 1800b
parzival traffic # tc -s class show dev eth0
class htb 1:1 root prio 0 rate 100000bit ceil 100000bit burst 1650b cburst
1650b
 Sent 0 bytes 0 pkt (dropped 0, overlimits 0 requeues 0)
 rate 0bit 0pps backlog 0b 0p requeues 0
 lended: 0 borrowed: 0 giants: 0
 tokens: 2062500 ctokens: 2250000

Can anyone shed some light on why this is happening?

Cheers and thanks in advance :-).