Re: question on fwmark speed boost

http://www.wogri.at

On Jul 4, 2013, at 00:29 , Andy Furniss <adf.lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Wolfgang Hennerbichler wrote:
>> Follow-Up: This is the only pice of information I have found on my problem:
>>
>> http://marc.info/?l=lartc&m=105421129231583&w=2
>>
>> ==> You can reduce the number of fw filters rules if you use the mark as
>> hash key.
>> So if you add
>> tc filter add dev eth0 parent 1:0 protocol ip handle 1 fw
>> and you have a packet with mark 39, it will placed in class 1:39.
>
> I've never tried that, if it does work maybe you need to use 0x39 for the mark as classes are in hex.

thanks, will try to do it in HEX.

> iptables can do this
>
> -j CLASSIFY --set-class 1:39

I know, but this doesn't support connection tracking, as far as I've read. And I really net a well-performing setup here - and this performs very well:
iptables -A POSTROUTING -t mangle -j CONNMARK --restore-mark

> If you have a lot of marks and a complicated set up you could consider the u32 mark match which will let you use masks and I guess explicitly set up hashing - again be sure to work in hex.

yeah. but this is something I would love to work around, u32 hashing seems so complicated…