Re: prio queue not working as expected?

On Jun 20, 2013, at 09:25 , Andrew Beverley <andy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I can't create counter values in 10: or 30: by issuing telnet or ssh
>> commands or whatever.
>
> But normal ssh commands should, of course, be in 10:
>
> I don't know why it is not working for you, but I've just tried the
> above commands myself and it works for me, so at least you know that the
> example is correct.

ok, thank you. I still can't figure out why this happens, but at least I know the documentation works.

>> The system is running within a VM on linux kernel 3.7.10.
>> I can't figure out what's wrong here. Any help is really appreciated.
>
> My test was with Linux 3.0.0, not inside a VM.
>
> You could maybe use some iptables logging to see if the packets have the
> TOS value that you expect? You could also try setting some TOS values
> with iptables and see if that works.

TOS values are correct (tcpdump -vv). If I enqeue packets into the first PRIO class with a filter, these packets are priorized (tested with icmp echo replies + scp transfer), but still the counters don't increase. Seems to be a problem with displaying the correct counter values.

> Andy

Wolfgang