Re: Persistent policy route rules (where to implement scripts)

On 08/31/12 09:48 am, Lewis G Rosenthal thus wrote :
> Hi, again...
>
> I'm using openSUSE 12.1, and while I've seen suggestions of adding
> routing (and ToS) rules to rc.local, we don't have such a script. We do
> have /etc/init.d/after.local (and before.local), so I figured that
> after.local might be a good solution. Unfortunately, I'm not getting my
> ToS rules read from there. Any suggestions as to why or where a better
> spot might be?

Aside from finding a better script, I've at least discovered *why*
after.local isn't working:

http://tinyurl.com/6r8hxpd

So, if anyone has any ideas as to a better place for these "ip route
add" and "ip rule add" statements, I'm all ears.

Cheers
--
Lewis
Lewis G Rosenthal, CNA, CLP, CLE, CWTS