Re: adding filter to non-root qdisc does not work

On Wed, 2012-08-08 at 06:53 +0200, Hauke Laging wrote:
> > tc filter show dev eth1
> >
> > needs parent XXXX on the end to show filters below root (use tc -s ....
> > to see counters to confirm it gets traffic).
>
> That's it, thanks. Thus I think the documentation is in error. The man page
> (openSUSE 12.1) gives

Can I suggest that you submit a patch ;-)

There have been quite a few iproute2 man page submissions recently,
which are gratefully received and quickly applied. This means that
others will benefit from your identification of the error.

You'll need to submit to the netdev mailing list. Please shout if you
need assistance.

Andy