Re: So a 10Gbit network card and a 3.2.18 kernel walk into a bar...

That sounds like a nice idea, although it looks like only some of them
support it (and I'm not sure if DCB requires support in the
interconnecting switches/routers as well).  I would really like to
come up with a single solution I can use in all hardware cases.