Changing fwmarks stalls connection...

I'm really drive me crazy.

I was using, from *years* and at least three debian version, a simple
script to mark (fwmark) packets; the script use substantially only
POSTROUTING chain in mangle table, setting marks that i use in some htb
rules.

A simple 'CONNMARK restore' on top, and if mark is still zero (no
mark), jump to a subchain that do the marking, and then do a 'CONNMARK
save'.

I've changed the script, in a way that now i do the 'CONNMARK restore'
on PREROUTING, i do the marking on OUTPUT and FORWARD chains, still
using the 'if mark not zero' jump to some subchains, and then i do a
'CONNMARK save' on POSTROUTING.
I've done that because dividing match on OUTPUT and FORWARD tables i
can match more closely my traffic.

I've looked and ip_conntrak, and statistics, and seems to me that
there's no big differences on marked data.

But still TCP connection like web browsing stalls; if i use the old
script, all work flawlessy.
Priorizaton are enabled (based on fwmarks, of course) but it is the
same, i've changed only the mangle table.

I'm really get mad. Even supposing i'm done some strange thing on the
mangle table, how that can drive to a massive trouble like that?

Thanks.

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin				    GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/

	   http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/chi_siamo/5xmille.php