bgp require in multigateway routing

hi all,
first i wann to explain my network & it's problem,
i am using a redhat el5 for multigateway routing, i have 3 adsl lines which is connected with eth0, eth2 and eth3. eth1 is my local network.
those 3 lines comes with adsl modem from same isp with equal bandwidth (512 Kbps).
In this adsl modems there is one lan and one wan port, adsl modem's lan ip is gateway for my linux box, some times wan port of the modem got hang and that time lan ip of modem does up and accessable, so for my linux box gateway is up but internet is down of this gateway, but linux box seem this like running gateway and it's continusly send request to this gateway,
so that time failover routing not work, so i need it's solution.
somebody suggest me to use border gateway protocol for this, but i don't have any knowledge about this protocol that it will useful for me our not, and plz also guide me how to configure this protocol.

sorry for my poor english

thanks in advance

sonu